One of the well-liked fruits, grapes is extensively sighted in many societies as “the queen of fruits” since past times. Grapes are rich in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. They are liked by everyone throughout the globe. No speculate why so many of us often contain them in our diet; it is served as fresh table fruits, dry fruits, juice, or simply in fruit salads. But being a dog owner, I have always questioned myself can dogs eat grapes? Every time while eating grapes I ask this to myself because Kelly is always staring at me. However, since then I started searching for this question. After a detailed research I came to know about the question can dogs have grapes? And the answer to me was that grapes are highly toxic for dog’s health.
Can Dogs Eat Grapes
After research, it is concluded that grapes are toxic for dogs and should not be given. Still, don’t know why can’t dogs have grapes because the accurate ingredient that can be the reason of toxic reaction is not yet found. Dogs should not eat grapes and raisins because even minute quantity can verify to be lethally poisonous for a dog. Dogs of every age, kind, or gender may be affected. Grapes and raisins are dreadful for dogs because one of the mainly serious complications of grape/raisin toxicity is sudden kidney failure and will not have urine production. Well, kidney failure is not observed in all dogs after eating of grapes or raisins, and still confusion that how can dogs eat raisins if it’s dangerous? Again, the cause why some dogs are exaggerated extremely while others are not is still being investigated.
If Dog Eat Grapes How Can You Know
Well, firstly it’s your duty to keep grapes away from the dog’s approach. Grapes are highly toxic and can lead to dog’s death. Besides this, if you see following symptoms, for sure your dog has eaten grapes,
- Fluid cessation
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain
- Breathing difficulty
- Kidney failure
If you see any of these symptoms, take your dog to the nearest vet for X-Ray for disease diagnosis. So, he can immediately check the dog. If you don’t take your dog to the vet, his life is at risk and can lead to death. Death is also an option; this depends on a number of grapes consumed. The body undergoes the process and absorbs the grapes, so death is not immediate but time is significant. The earlier the treatment begins, the advanced chances of healing of your dog is. Till now, it is unknown that why grapes are toxic. Well according to some researchers mycotoxin may be the cause. So far no toxic agent has been identified. Hence, it is still a mystery that which substance makes grapes toxic for dogs. But dogs and grapes are not for each other.
Cure, If Dog Intake Grapes
Grapes intake should be considered as an emergency. If your dog has eaten grapes then,
- The cure should start instantaneously.
- If the intake was between two hours, sickness is usually induced and activated charcoal administered.
- Intravenous fluids may be given for 48 hours.
- Blood chemistry boards are checked for 72 hours.
- Other alternatives may contain urinalysis, kidney medications or an ultrasound to examine the kidney size and look for mineral deposits.
Your dog health is at risk; you should take special care.
How To Prevent Dogs From Grapes Toxicity
The reorganization of grapes toxicity was done years ago when a sample was established in reports of ill dogs. An ordinary factor was the intake of grapes or raisins, and veterinary professionals and pet lovers similarly have been trying to spread the statement since its detection.
Make sure of not leaving grapes or raisins out on counters or in open pantries where your dog might be capable of attaining them. Don’t use grapes as treatment of any disease. Don’t share any food that contains grapes with your dog.
As mentioned above your dog’s life is at risk if they intake grapes. So, be careful.
CONCLUSION: Can Dogs Have Grapes
Grapes are a delicious fruit. Some people have queries about “can dogs eat grapes or can dogs have grapes?” Well, As long as grapes are just a decoration for a dog not a part of the daily meal, then it’s the best thing. But, if your dog takes it as a meal or treats then that’s a huge problem, as it leads to health issues and sometimes dog death.
Good To Know: The Great Dog Beds Guide & Comparison